18.3.10

life is life

i've just found out that my best friend's mother has been diagnosed with cancer--multiple myeloma.
i finished moving everything last night and felt a huge sense of relief. today has been a day of relaxation and serenity until i received the message from my friend...i am so glad that she called me to expand the enormous support network that she will have. i cannot even imagine what it is like for her to hear this news. if anyone is closer to their mother than i am, it would be this woman. her mother is a thoughtful, energetic, giving, and selfless person that has always been there for both of us--in fact, i consider her my second mother.
my friend is the strongest, most determined, most successful woman i know, and i am confident that this strength and determination will guide her through this journey and give her increased strength and wisdom for life ahead, whatever happens.

i guess the question may be: where is the balance of life? i know that the answer involves seeing the big picture, but what does that mean for the moments when we are mourning lost possibilities, doctors' determinations, and previews of what will come next? in my present situation (which can't compare to my friend's in the least), i have often wondered about this.
i feel in my deepest intuition that my friend's mother will get through this and be even more vibrant and active than she was before (a superior accomplishment, since she is so vibrant and active now!)
just some thoughts to put out there as i give my heart (as broken and unpolished as it is) to my friend and her family...
please pray, send wellness vibrations, or whatever, to her, her mother, and her family, even if you don't know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment