21.3.10

send love and shimmers

so we have now found out that my friend's mom has breast cancer, not multiple myeloma. still an extremely hard diagnosis, but the doctor has pronounced good blood work and has said the crucial word "EARLY", so hope fills my heart as I know it does hers as well. please keep praying for/sending out healing vibes to/thinking of her and her family~~i truly believe they are helping.

on other fronts, going to lowe's today to get resources to hang pictures. i've realized that a house never really feels like a home until there is something interesting on the walls. i remember being totally unmotivated to hang pictures in my first apartment on north druid hills because the walls were a dark cherry pink. who needs pictures when you're dazzled by pure color with every glance?

but in my present living space i have what is, admittedly, the best neutral color on my walls, but it's not sparkly enough to slow the hanging of pictures.

there are only two real problems with the plan for hanging pictures that makes a trip to lowes essential--i have no tape measure, and the paintings by the greenville crazy lady on plywood are quite heavy and have no hanging mechanisms...sooooooooo...trip to lowes...wish me luck on my home improvement endeavors...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly!!
    I have been meaning to write you! Thank you very much for your message on my blog! First of all, I am so sorry to read about your mom's friend :(. I am sending lots of good wishes and purrs that everything will be ok.
    Thank you for taking care of the kitties in your new area! I would be happy to advise on how to get them spayed/neutered, etc. once you get settled. My husband and I have "snipped" over 200 cats and kittens in the past few years, so we've definitely had many adventures and crazy cat experiences. I am always so glad to meet other people who care!
    Have a great day!
    Kindest wishes,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that old guy at Lowe's was so cool with distraught females! I wonder if is on their job application somewhere?! :)

    ReplyDelete