4.1.12

Monaco, Day 5

Today is a very calm day...which is great! Jerry is feeling much better and I am so glad. As I mentioned, I hate to see him suffer and I was very worried about what to do in case he needed emergency care.

We had breakfast at the marvelous hotel restaurant today and then I went to do some shopping while he rested. I found so much cute stuff, but still have the problem of "no room in the suitcase".

Last night I ventured out again to the market to get a little bit of fresh air. Saw some great things there, including some yummy looking seafood (I can dream, can't I?) and some Disney Princess water.

Sadly, we found out today that the exposition on the marriage of the Prince closed on December 31...that was the number one thing I wanted to do, but oh well.

Most other museums are closed or on a different schedule, so I think our last day here will be a quiet one. Hopefully we will get to go back to my favorite restaurant tonight. Last night I treated myself and had the most interesting caprese salad and a haricots verts dish that I woke up still thinking about.

I am struck once again by the beauty of the ocean as I sit and listen to the calming rhythm of the dock and its nautical inhabitants. I am finally seeing someone on the HUGE yacht that is across the way. Save that one and one other, most seem to be deserted, giving everything a very peaceful feeling. I am guessing the owners are not currently here, because it is such a beautiful day that I cannot imagine they would not want to take advantage of the sea, sky, and their gorgeous yachts.

My other favorite thing--while shopping today, I met 2 dogs, both yorkies. ONe had on a black turtleneck and a rhinestone collar (#me.reincarnated.as.a.dog), and the other had on a true Burberry raincoat. So cute!

Ok, off to respond to student emails and read some more of the book I started about Napoleon's expedition into Egypt.



1 comment:

  1. my fave is the very bottom one - I should have read further before the other comment - I'm glad J is feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete